Friday, December 2, 2011

Sections 126, 135, 136

In 135:5 it says "because thou hast seen thy weakness, thou shalt be made strong". So by simply recognizing our weaknesses, we are made stronger?? I guess that makes sense. Recognizing that we have a weakness is the first step. If we can recognize, it that takes humility which ultimately makes us stronger.
I love section 136. I think it's a big music section. Verse 19 sums up what happens if you have a prideful mindset when performing: "And if any man shall seek to build up himself, and seeketh not my counsel, he shall have no power, and his folly shall be made manifest." I make a fool of myself if I "seek to build up myself" as a performer. I MUST dedicate my performances to the Lord. And I just love verse 28 that I memorized and put music to for my project. If you are happy, praise the Lord with music! We can express gratitude, love, and happiness through music. The Lord provides a way for us to keep all of His commandments--and He has provided a way for us to love and praise Him!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite entry from you this semester, Lucy. What a blessing to have had you in our class and what talent you have. Praise the Lord with song!

    ReplyDelete